Skip to content
Instructions for use.
- Apply a Tourniquet
- Dim the ambient room lighting
- Place the light in the palm of your hand and position the infant’s arm or foot over the light holding it in place with your thumb.
- Look on the top of the hand or foot to locate the dark lines which are veins.
- Verify the dark line is a vein by depressing it and watch it refill
- Proceed with the venipuncture as usual
- Place the light on the top of the wrist area and look for the pulsing action on the other side of the wrist.
- Arteries do not absorb light so they will not present as a dark line.