No products in the cart.
Neonatal Transilluminator (NT 01)
The Neonatal Transilluminator designed specifically with you and the neonate (or new-born) in mind. We’ve taken all the great features of the Venoscope® II and put them into a transilluminator that better serves the special needs of your neonatal patients.
Finally, a neonatal transilluminator designed specifically with you and the neonate (or new-born) in mind. We’ve taken all the great features of the Venoscope® II and put them into a transilluminator that better serves the special needs of your neonatal patients. It still features the same powerful LED lights, but is now smaller and more portable, making it even easier to maneuver around neonates. The cool lights are strong enough to illuminate the hardest to find veins without the risk of burning the baby. Creating happier babies makes happier nurses.
The Neonatal Transilluminator weighs just 6 ounces including the 3 “AA” batteries. It features a low battery indicator light that alerts the nurse to change the batties.
At $335.00 (Model #NT01) the most inexpensive and effective transilluminator on the market.
Neonatal Transilluminator Instructions for use.
- Apply a Tourniquet.
- Dim the ambient room lighting.
- Place the light in the palm of your hand and position the infant’s arm or foot over the light holding it in place with your thumb.
- Look on the top of the hand or foot to locate the dark lines which are veins.
- Verify the dark line is a vein by depressing it and watch it refill.
- Proceed with the venipuncture as usual.
- Place the light on the top of the wrist area and look for the pulsing action on the other side of the wrist.
- Arteries do not absorb light so they will not present as a dark line.